What is Safety Week?
Many Roles, One Goal – Building Safety Together!
Every year, more than 80,000 workers suffer an injury on construction job sites across the U.S. Any one incident is one too many. Life is too precious to not make safety the number one focus in the U.S. construction industry.
That’s why 31 national and global construction firms comprising The Construction Industry Safety (CISI) group and the Incident and Injury Free CEO (IIF) Forum have joined forces with a single aim: to inspire everyone in the industry to be leaders in safety.
We know being safe every day on every job site crosses competitive boundaries. That’s why we have banded together to create and celebrate the first US Industry Safety Week, running this year from Sunday May 4 to Saturday May 10.
The Industry Safety Week effort presents a unique opportunity for construction firms across the U.S. to work together to eliminate worker injury.
We can all be leaders in keeping our workforce safe – no matter where you are located, your company size or your role in our industry.
Our collective mission for Safety Week 2014 is to partner together in:
- Thanking our workers for supporting safety and recognizing their efforts to be injury free
- Increasing awareness of the importance of being committed to safety, every day
- Inspiring all of us to share best practices and to work together to strengthen our industry’s safety culture
- Celebrating the need to be injury free
- Conducting on-site safety awareness activities to support education